Sunday, June 16, 2013

Weekend Adventures

For most people the weekend is full of relaxing by the pool or out on the lake with friends, some do yard work and just spend time at home. For my family the weekend is when we hit the road!
 
 
Unlike most weekends this weekend in particular was extra special, for one it was my boyfriends 24th birthday, and two it's Fathers Day weekend. For a second I will have to break some bad news and say even though most people claim they have the best dad, I really do! He is the hardest working person I have ever met, today is his day to do ANYTHING he wants and he is off looking at a job for this week. Crazy? maybe, successful? without a doubt!
 
Before I dove head first into my weekend I had to work, like the rest of America. But luckily I LoVe my job! I had a special appointment this weekend for a very nice lady who was going to a party in the city. She wanted to wear her hair up because she never really gets the chance to dress up, so this was a special occasion for her. Once she got to the salon we discussed what all she would want to do with her hair. Lots of hairspray and 20 bobby pins later we had a beautiful finished product.
Even though for her this was just for a party, this is a wonderful style for any of you summer brides. If your having an evening wedding you can add the bobby pins with diamonds or pearls on the ends, or if your wedding is during the day you can leave it a little more simple like this. This is also perfect to beat the heat because it is up off of your neck so you can dance and not get to hot or worry about your curls falling out by the end of the night.
 
 
To start my weekend I took my boyfriend out to dinner for his birthday. Since it was his choice of course he chose Mexican food. I had no complaints on that because every other time we go eat I choose, so I guess this one time he can get his way. Then on Saturday we met up with the rest of my family at the rodeo, which as always was so much fun! It's always a good time to see your friends that you don't get to see during the week and catch up on what's going on in their lives.
 
As you can see the food is just as good as the rodeo itself. This is my youngest brother demolishing the ribs which are delicious! This is his signature style with his pants tucked down in his boots. I'm not really sure where he came up with this because nobody else in my family does it, but hey it looks good and now I don't think he would look right any other way. I'm probably a little biased but I have to say he is by far the cutest kid at the rodeos!
 
To wrap up my weekend I had a delicious Sunday lunch with my nana and papaw. It doesn't matter how old I am they still spoil me, after lunch we walked to our cars and my papaw immediately noticed my car was very dirty (you can't keep a black car clean) and offered to take it to the car wash. Now I'm ready to drive into this week with a shiny car! 
 
What did you do this weekend?
Did you do anything special for your dad?
Have you ever been to a rodeo?



No comments: