Monday, June 17, 2013

My Summer Essentials

For every season there are always must haves in the fashion world. Mine may not be the same as Vogue but then again I will be walking down the sidewalk, not the catwalk. So I have picked out 5 key things that I think are summer must haves!

1. Of course for number one I had to choose my absolute favorite thing to shop for, a purse. For the summer it is key to have a purse that brings a pop of color, it will brighten your look and even your day! Women who are a little bit older who don't feel as comfortable with the bright colors can choose more of a pastel or if your just against color in general you can go with a tan or white. Personally I can't do white because I can't keep them clean.

 
2. Every girl needs a colorful pair of shorts to wear either shopping with friends, or to a summer cookout. This pair in particular came from Old Navy, and they are my favorite I like to wear them with a classic white t-shirt just because it makes the look clean and simple. Whenever you want to dress it up you can add a long necklace or a cute pair of earrings.
Excuse the sideways picture, I was having some technical difficulties.
 
3. Every girl needs a maxi skirt or dress, whichever you prefer but you at least need one of them. They are by far the most comfortable thing you can wear, and very forgiving on a day when you're not feeling your thinnest (trust me). This maxi skirt is one that I actually just bought today at TJ Maxx for only 20 dollars, I can't wait to wear it!! Don't worry there will be pictures to come on how I style it so stay tuned.
 
4. A girl has to have shoes! These sandals are also a TJ Maxx find and I absolutely love them! They go with anything and everything and I could wear them every single day. If you can wear sandals to work these have a slight heel on them to give them a dressy feel but yet they are still casual for everyday wear.
 

5. Last but certainly not least a good manicure can always put an extra spring in your step. This color is pink flamingo by opi gel polish, the reason I like to stick with the gel polish is because it last so 2-3 weeks without chipping. So I can go to work and have my hands in hair all day long and not have to worry about my polish chipping. Nobody wants to pull a piece of pink polish out of their hair. I also love a good manicure because lets be honest, it makes your hands look so much prettier!!

 
What are your go to summer outfits?
Have you tried gel polish?
maxi skirt or dress?

No comments: